This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.thethinkingpartnership.com and www.characterscope.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Who we are
Here are the details that the Data Protection Act 1998 says we have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
Our site is www.thethinkingpartnership.com
Our company name is The Thinking Partnership
Our address is The Thinking Partnership, 84 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PX
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by submitting an online enquiry, or filling in forms on our site www.thethinkingpartnership.com (Our Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use Our Site, subscribe to a free trial, subscribe to our CHARACTERSCOPE™ service, participate in social media functions on Our Site, access the Our Thinking and Our Solutions sections of Our Site or other content that is Our Company’s intellectual property and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number. It will also include responses that you provide to questionnaires that we may post on our Site. If you subscribe to our CHARACTERSCOPE™ service, you may also tell us your reasons for using the service and provide responses to leadership characteristics (which will create your leadership profile).
What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information you submit to us on our site at any time
- a record of any correspondence between us
- details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system etc) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
How we use what we collect
We use information about you to:
- present site content effectively to you
- provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you
- carry out our contracts with you
- tell you our charges
- tell you about other goods and services that might interest you.
- notify you about changes to our service
If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you.
If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
We will not market via phone or text unless we have your specific consent. If you are happy to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen when you submit any personal information to us.
Where we store your data
We currently only transfer your collected data to storage within the European Economic Area (EEA). We will ask for your consent in the event that we are required to process your collected data outside the EEA to fulfil your order or to allow us to provide services to you.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
Disclosing your personal information to third parties
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- if we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
- we can disclose it to other businesses in our group
- we can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- we can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can unsubscribe from our marketing correspondence by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our website, or via the link found within the marketing email.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you. We can charge you a fee (currently £10) for this service.
Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.